- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Get the superior ride you need to keep you running stronger through those last few miles. The Brooks® Beast® will keep you comfortably supported on your feet like a faithful friend.
- A running shoe built for the moderate to severe over-pronator who requires a combination of reinforced stability and cushioning.
- Element upper offers weather resistant protection in a light, ventilated mesh material.
- Synthetic overlays deliver comfortable, pliable support.
- Internal support saddle keeps your foot securely locked in.
- Padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Moisture-managing Element sockliner promotes a cooler, healthier environment.
- Full-Length BioMoGo midsole provides long lasting cushioning and is environmentally friendly. A non-toxic, natural additive encourages anaerobic microbes to break it down once it's been tossed into the landfill.
- Full-length Brooks DNA works with the BioMoGo to reduce impacting forces and provide superior protection.
- Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB®) delivers smoother transitions and promotes pronation control.
- DRB® ACCEL midfoot shank offers higher stiffness for medial support and lighter lateral stiffness for a smoother ride.
- HPR Plus, abrasion-resistant rubber outsole is highly durable for long-lasting wear.
- HPR Green is made from dispersed silica, resulting in optimal wet-dry traction.
- MC Pod design helps to set the foot in the most balanced and efficient position, promoting stability and responsiveness.
- Weight: 14 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 8, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- To enhance your running workout, check out these other fine products:
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Beast® by Brooks. Sorry!
Interested in new Brooks products?
BROOKS® running is dedicated to delivering superior running shoes and running clothing. BROOKS® running has been responsible for some of the most significant advancements seen in running shoes today. Those innovations include the use of EVA for midsole cushioning, the development of the Diagonal Rollbar™ for stability, and the utilization of Podular Technology for outsole flexibility. BROOKS® innovation is evident in running clothes too with the use of Activent®, Power Lycra®, and way back in 1999, BROOKS® was the first company to use Dri-Release.
So when you're shopping for technically sound running shoes and running clothes, look no further than BROOKS® running. Whether you need running shoes, running apparel or running accessories, BROOKS® has got you covered so all you need to do is run.
0% Full size too large
2% Half size too Large
85% True to size
9% Half size too small
4% Full size too small
90% Felt true to width
8% Felt narrower than marked
2% Felt wider than marked
79% Excellent arch support
20% Moderate arch support
1% No arch support
Average rating is 5 out of 5 from a total of 363 reviews.
Top Positive Review
10 people found this review helpful.
With over 75,000 miles recorded in my logbook since 1980, No shoe matches the Brooks Beast. It is simply the best. If I thought the Beast would be discontinued, I would buy 50 of them. Enough said.Read more » « Show less October 23, 2011 by Collier B
Love these shoes! Ran with them out of the box for 10 miles and had no issues! I am flatfooted and it is normally hard for me to find shoes that work comfortably for me, these are them!
- Adrian D - customer
- from Indiana
- May 14, 2013
I ordered this in 11.5 D .On arrival while trying it on I couldn't get either foot in these shoes -- everything was clear -- but they were close to a size and a half small, and narrow. I happened to have ordered another pair of shoes in the same shipment from a different manufacturer in the same size -- and they fit perfectly . Shipping work to China is one thing, but performing work with absolutely no quality controls is another. Bye Bye Brooks!
Felt a full size smaller than marked
Felt narrower than marked
No arch support
- Anonymous - customer
- from Ohio
- May 13, 2013
Really great shoe for those who need a lot of padding and lot of control. However, this iteration is hilariously narrow, even the 4E width. I have worn other Brooks shoes in the past and have only needed the 2E width, so they really screwed up the width of this shoe. Too bad. If you actually need the full 4E width, avoid this version of the Beast.
Felt true to size
Felt narrower than marked
- Rich P - customer
- May 11, 2013
As a solidly built guy (5'9 and 190lbs) and with a previously collapsed arch, I need a running shoe that has great arch support and cushioning. I had Brooks Beast recommended to me as a running shoe about 7 years ago and they've been all I run on since. Yes, they are heavier than other running shoes, but the arch support is what I need. I run about a dozen miles a week regularly and occasionally will train up for a longer race. They aren't a miracle cure, but they are pretty great, and I won't run in anything else. I've got a second pair I just use for walking and I have so much less pain than when I walk in work shoes. If you are a bigger runner or need arch support, I really recommend you check these out.
- Ben K - customer
- from Ohio
- May 6, 2013
I had been an Asics addict prior to discovering these! Although, Asics makes fine shoes they did not seem to last that long where as the Beast I can wear every day for months on end before they start to show and real wear! The Beast certainly are pricey but they last easily three times longer than any other sneakers that I have tried!
- Anonymous - customer
- from Massachusetts
- April 29, 2013