- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Get the superior ride you need to keep you running stronger through those last few miles. The Brooks® Beast® will keep you comfortably supported on your feet like a faithful friend.
- A running shoe built for the moderate to severe over-pronator who requires a combination of reinforced stability and cushioning.
- Element upper offers weather resistant protection in a light, ventilated mesh material.
- Synthetic overlays deliver comfortable, pliable support.
- Internal support saddle keeps your foot securely locked in.
- Padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Moisture-managing Element sockliner promotes a cooler, healthier environment.
- Full-Length BioMoGo midsole provides long lasting cushioning and is environmentally friendly. A non-toxic, natural additive encourages anaerobic microbes to break it down once it's been tossed into the landfill.
- Full-length Brooks DNA works with the BioMoGo to reduce impacting forces and provide superior protection.
- Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB®) delivers smoother transitions and promotes pronation control.
- DRB® ACCEL midfoot shank offers higher stiffness for medial support and lighter lateral stiffness for a smoother ride.
- HPR Plus, abrasion-resistant rubber outsole is highly durable for long-lasting wear.
- HPR Green is made from dispersed silica, resulting in optimal wet-dry traction.
- MC Pod design helps to set the foot in the most balanced and efficient position, promoting stability and responsiveness.
- Weight: 14 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 8, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- To enhance your running workout, check out these other fine products:
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Beast® by Brooks. Sorry!
Interested in new Brooks products?
BROOKS® running is dedicated to delivering superior running shoes and running clothing. BROOKS® running has been responsible for some of the most significant advancements seen in running shoes today. Those innovations include the use of EVA for midsole cushioning, the development of the Diagonal Rollbar™ for stability, and the utilization of Podular Technology for outsole flexibility. BROOKS® innovation is evident in running clothes too with the use of Activent®, Power Lycra®, and way back in 1999, BROOKS® was the first company to use Dri-Release.
So when you're shopping for technically sound running shoes and running clothes, look no further than BROOKS® running. Whether you need running shoes, running apparel or running accessories, BROOKS® has got you covered so all you need to do is run.
0% Full size too large
2% Half size too Large
85% True to size
9% Half size too small
4% Full size too small
90% Felt true to width
8% Felt narrower than marked
2% Felt wider than marked
79% Excellent arch support
20% Moderate arch support
1% No arch support
Average rating is 5 out of 5 from a total of 363 reviews.
Top Positive Review
10 people found this review helpful.
With over 75,000 miles recorded in my logbook since 1980, No shoe matches the Brooks Beast. It is simply the best. If I thought the Beast would be discontinued, I would buy 50 of them. Enough said.Read more » « Show less October 23, 2011 by Collier B
With over 75,000 miles recorded in my logbook since 1980, No shoe matches the Brooks Beast. It is simply the best. If I thought the Beast would be discontinued, I would buy 50 of them. Enough said.
- Collier B - customer
- from Florida
- October 23, 2011
My husband loves these shoes - especially after his total hip replacement. However, finding a size 11, 4E width in area stores proved an exercise in futility. On Zappos.com, I discovered them in the right size, ordered them, and had them by the next day - which was a big rescue since that day was the day before Christmas Eve! He loves the brand so much, he has these Beasts in both blue and black now. He's a big-boned/well-muscled Viking kind of guy who is tough on clothes and shoes. Used to be he'd buy heavy clunkers of athletic shoes just to have something he could wear for over a month without them disintegrating. The Brooks Beast apparently can handle any beast on a long term basis, and they look sleek and sexy even in such a large size! They are incredibly lightweight. Perfect for any Sasquach to flit through the underbrush and elude the press. My husband now goes to the gym regularly to try to rehab that hip, and I believe these shoes contribute to his enjoyment now of what was a former dread.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Central Florida
- January 19, 2012
Great for the 'larger' runner. I am 6'5", 220 pounds and these are the only running shoes I will use. They have enough cushion and stability to keep my knees from hurting (due to overpronation). I cannot recommend these shoes enough!
Felt true to size
- Anonymous - customer
- from California
- October 20, 2011
The Brooks Beast is great for people with wide feet or with problem feet due to diabetes 2, etc. I had never seen the shoe with black accent, and think this color is very cool. Most importantly the Beast, for me, is like walking on pillows. Real comfortable.
I'd also recommend: New Balance
- Bob B - customer
- from Petaluma, CA
- October 26, 2011
I'm a bigger guy who runs about 5 miles/day. By big I mean 200 lbs and I'm 6 ft tall. I run in Beast and GTS shoes. These are certainly noticeably thicker in the sole than GTS. They provide quite a healthy cushion. The only downside is they are heavier than the GTS, but I am sacrificing weight for my knees. Finally, these shoes have a more durable sole than the GTS for some reason. It takes me much longer to wear these out. Overall, these are expensive, but well made shoes. I'm on my 2nd pair now. Personally, I don't care for the styling at all, but that's not the point of these shoes.
I'd also recommend: Brooks GTS
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Anonymous - customer
- from Chicago
- February 16, 2012