- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- With the Barista Express you become a master espresso and coffee brewer!
- This amazing machine is great for beginners and seasoned baristas alike.
- Commercial-grade stainless steel housing is durable and easy to keep clean.
- 15-bar pressure Italian-made pump assures full flavor extraction.
- Conical burr grinder is the preferred method of grinding beans because it creates less heat and grinds more thoroughly.
- The measured dose is delivered straight into the filter for the proper extraction and flavor every time.
- Integrated tamper with magnetized lock-in storage lets you tamp while attached to the machine or on the counter.
- Pressurized dual-wall filters eliminate the guesswork and the non-pressurized single-wall filters allow for experimentation with grind size and tamping pressure.
- Fast Auto-Purge™ delivers whole beans to a full-flavored espresso in under a minute.
- Large, removable 4 lbs 3 oz. (2L) water tank with a filtration system so you can brew multiple cups without refilling.
- Convenient 360° swivel steam wand with froth enhancer for that perfect créma.
- Sealed bean hopper has an 8 oz. capacity for plenty of brewing before refill.
Stainless steel frothing pitcher
1-cup and 2-cup single and dual-wall filters
Built-in tamper with pressure guide
- Model number: BES860XL
- Dimensions: 13" high x 12" wide x 11" deep.
- Weight: 23 lbs.
- Made in Australia.
- Zappos makes every attempt to provide accurate information for each electronic product. Manufacturer packaging and specifications may be different from the information provided.
- Please note, Zappos gladly accepts returns on all electronic products for up to 365 days from the original purchase date. In order to process your return and refund, returned electronic products must be unused and in the original condition and packaging in which it was purchased and include any manuals, cabling and accessories.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the BES860XL Barista Express by Breville. Sorry!
Interested in new Breville products?
In 1932, O'Brien and good friend and fellow engineer, Harry Norville, decided to pool their resources and start their own business manufacturing radios. In the 1970s Breville, imbued with a "we-can-do-it" attitude and a healthy dose of Australian ingenuity, unleashed a series of appliances on the world that would become kitchen icons.
By the 1990s, consumer attitudes and lifestyles had changed with an increasing awareness of healthful cooking. Families also began experimenting in the kitchen with Asian and Mediterranean cuisines and Breville responded by developing high performance electric woks and health grills.
As health-conscience consumers grew in number, Breville recognized the need for a machine that would produce fresh and delicious juices. This led to the invention of the world acclaimed Juice Fountain™. Before the Juice Fountain™, making juice was a messy task. This remarkable piece of engineering removed the need to cut fruit.
All Breville® products are as beautiful as they are functional. Any kitchen will be enhanced by the contemporary, sleek designs that Breville® has to offer. From blenders and juicers, to toasters and coffee makers, Breville® lets you get the most flavor and nutrition from your food for better tasting, healthier eating. After all, you and your family deserve no less!
Breville BES860XL Barista Express
- Joe G - customer
- from eastern washington state
- June 11, 2011
I purchased an Italian model for my new home recently but it was a built in model and I needed to buy another machine for my latest home. The Breville was far and away superior. I like the multi function, it is a neat looking and compact bench model but best of all it makes a super coffee. A little bit of trial and error on ground size etc but that is all in the fun - the end result is a great coffee. Stylish and user friendly - my wife and I think it's terrific.
- Grant D - customer
- from Auckland New Zealand
- March 2, 2011
Although I bought this product from Bed Bath and Beyond several months back and have been meaning to review it...thought I would at least get it out here. This is my first espresso machine, it's overwhelming researching this type of product and come to a final decision on WHICH one to buy! I took the plunge, mostly because BBB offers great discounts and coupons, so I used my 20% off on this baby! I do love it; the espresso tastes lovely and the steam function works well. I love the fact that the grinder is built in; however, on the flip side I try not to make it a point to buy a product with multiple functions such as this because if one breaks down, you lose the entire unit to repair...but fortunately, all is well! I can make myself the perfect latte or cappuccino, every time. Here are some of the draw backs: You waste a lot of ground coffee; it spills over while grinding. My only other complaint would be that where you put the beans to slide down and be ground isn't very aerodynamic...I find myself having to push them down the chute. But otherwise, I love it! I'm also wondering why you have to use regular water...as instructed, I still use filtered water. Enjoy!
- Nicole Q - customer
- from San Jose, CA
- October 7, 2010
I love this purchase! I am a beginner when it comes to making espresso drinks and this machine makes it so easy! I think the only negative part of this machine is having to clean the foaming wand, but this is probably with every machine like this. The clean out tray is easy to empty, the outside is easy to just wipe down, the water is easy to fill... I has almost no problems assembling it for the first time (I couldn't figure how to close the water bucket but it was bc I didn't close it hard enough--- I didn't want to break my new machine). An "improvement" but not requirement (and I don't think many people need/ want this) is a spot for decaf beans--- when making after dinner drinks or for those pregnant ladies. I think you would be hard pressed to find that on any machine in this class but it would still be nice. Honestly, I love it! And show it to all that visit our home! Couldn't be happier with my purchase... Worth the money! (and we saved for this).
- Anonymous - customer
- June 25, 2012
I've used this machine at work for over 2 years now; well, this espresso machine has been run over 50 times a day and never has failed. Breville BES860XL is simple, easy to operate and maintain machine. Highly recommend.
- Henrik B - customer
- from Austin TX
- April 18, 2012