- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Light the path ahead with the durable and versatile Storm by Black Diamond®.
- Headlamp features a TriplePower LED that outputs up to 100 lumens and throws a beam up to 70m so you can locate the hiking trail at night.
- 2 SinglePower white LEDs and 2 SinglePower red LEDs output 25 lumens and throw a beam up to 20m.
- Use the red LEDs to preserve night vision while hanging out at camp or making your way down the trail.
- Dimmer switch lets you choose the light output needed for the task at hand, from a blazing 100 lumens down to 25 lumen.
- Use the 2 strobe functions to flash red or white light.
- Sleek headlamp operates on 4 AAA batteries, included; Heatsink technology keeps the batteries warm for long burn times.
- 4 AAA batteries provide up to 50 hrs. of use on high and 200 hrs. on low; battery indicator light helps you determine how much battery power you have left.
- The Black Diamond Storm headlamp has an IPX7 rating (protected against water immersion down to 1m for 30 min.).
- Click here for more Storm information
Best use - Backpacking.
Rechargeable - No.
Bulb type - LED.
Bulb detail - 1 high-output LED / 2 LEDs / 2 red LEDs.
Light output - High: 100 / low: 25 lumens.
Max light output (lumens) - 100 lumens.
Beam distance - High: 70 / low: 20 meters.
Max beam distance (m) - 70 meters.
Brightness levels - Variable.
Strobes - 2.
Beam type - Flood / Spot.
Regulated output - Yes.
Red light mode - Yes.
Batteries - 4 AAA.
Average battery life - High: 50 / low: 200 hours.
Weight with batteries - 3.9 ounces.
Material(s) - Polycarbonate.
Dimensions - 2.5 x 1.75 x 1.75 inches.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Storm by Black Diamond. Sorry!
Interested in new Black Diamond products?
With its full range of products, Black Diamond continues to excel in all areas of climbing, skiing, and the like. In response to a rebirth in ice climbing, carbon-fiber was incorporated into the shaft of an ice tool to create an ax that was light, responsive and shaped to fit a climber's grasp. Further refinements with carbon fiber have resulted in the creation of the Cobra Ice Tool. This tool is perfectly matched to the attitudes and needs of today's extreme ice climbs and mixed routes. Also introduced was the Turbo Express Ice Screw, the fastest, easiest-to-place ice protection on the market. To help climbers in the never-ending quest to redefine what's possible, Black Diamond built the HotWire, the world's first wire-gate carabiner. Stronger, lighter, and easier to clip, the HotWire proved that a seemingly basic design like a carabiner could be improved to meet the continuing demands of the sport. Black Diamond trekking poles can deal with all the crazy conditions you can find yourself in and stand up to any abuse you heap on them. Backcountry travelers encountering these conditions and desiring to improve their comfort, stability and security will find the locking Binary and “Zero Slip” FlickLock adjustment systems extremely dependable with on/off simplicity.
At Black Diamond, they've adopted both the EN and UIAA standards as the basis of their testing procedures to make sure that all of their products continue to meet all safety requirements outlined by these standards. The standardized harmonic European, or EN, standards are legal requirements that outline the safety requirements and test methods for most PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) climbing equipment. The modern UIAA standards are based on the existing EN standards, but they are not legal requirements and some of them have additional requirements above and beyond the EN standards. Certification to these standards means that the equipment meets the basic design and structural requirements of the standards, but does not guarantee that equipment is unbreakable in all conditions possibly encountered while climbing. A product bearing the CE mark signifies that the product has passed the testing requirements and that the manufacturer either has an adequate system for monitoring the quality of the final product or has an appropriate internal quality control system. This means that all Black Diamond technical climbing products, and specifically those products used to protect against falls (such as carabiners, Camalots™, Stoppers, etc.) must undergo rigorous testing on a continuous basis. What is the end result? Gear you can trust and gear you can depend on.