- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- The 'Milano Soft Footbed' sandal from Birkentstock® offers adjustability and classic design.
- Crafted in suede or nubuck featuring an enhanced footbed that has a layer of latex foam for added comfort.
- Anatomically correct cork/latex footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Made in Germany.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Milano - Soft Footbed (Unisex) by Birkenstock. Sorry!
Interested in new Birkenstock products?
Birkenstock is based on the simple principles of health and wellness, quality workmanship and materials, and a respect for the environment. Did you know that Birkenstock created the original contoured footbed that supports and shapes to your foot when walking? And it's made of 100% natural and renewable cork. You can feel good that you are supporting your feet and the environment at the same time. You could call it sustainable comfort.
Birkenstock footwear is designed and sized to provide a roomy fit allowing your toes and feet to wiggle and be free. This sometimes takes a bit of getting used to. Also, most Birkenstock styles come in two widths: narrow and regular, so you can really find the best possible fit for your feet. For the most natural fit, your feet should rest comfortably inside the footbed and there should be about ¼” between your toes and the end of the footbed.
No other part of your body is subject to as much stress and strain as your feet and that is why it is so important to take care of them. With features like a contoured cork footbed, a deep heel cup, and a roomy toe box, Birkenstock clogs and sandals provide more than simply cushioning. Birkenstock footwear provides the perfect balance of firm support and shock resistance allowing your feet and body to be naturally supported.
5% Full size too large
4% Half size too Large
85% True to size
5% Half size too small
1% Full size too small
89% Felt true to width
3% Felt narrower than marked
7% Felt wider than marked
71% Excellent arch support
29% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Birkenstock Milano - Soft Footbed (Unisex)
Average rating is 5 out of 5 from a total of 110 reviews.
Top Positive Review
3 people found this review helpful.
I love these sandals! Last summer I wore a pair of Milano's with the regular footbed, and they helped heal a problem I've had with Plantar Fasciitis, but they felt rock hard after lots of walking. These soft-footbed Milanos are super. I can walk all day in them. They are my main summer footwear. I also like being able to purchase these in a narrow width, which looks not quite as trollish as the regular width, but fits my average width foot.Read more » « Show less July 16, 2009 by Anonymous
Top Critical Review
1 person found this review helpful.
Disappointed - What a disappointment. I read all the reviews and thought these would be supportive, comfortable, and have a "soft footbed"--but NOT. The straps are stiff and uncomfortable, and the footbed is stiff and unyielding, and anything but soft. They would take weeks of breaking in. The size was not right, according to the scale, but the problems I experienced had nothing to do with them being too large. Returning!Read more » « Show less August 17, 2006 by Bonnie
I love these sandals! Last summer I wore a pair of Milano's with the regular footbed, and they helped heal a problem I've had with Plantar Fasciitis, but they felt rock hard after lots of walking. These soft-footbed Milanos are super. I can walk all day in them. They are my main summer footwear. I also like being able to purchase these in a narrow width, which looks not quite as trollish as the regular width, but fits my average width foot.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Southern Oregon Coast
- July 16, 2009
Shoes were exactly as I hoped! I am really enjoying them. I ordered a narrow, which I would highly suggest unless you know you for sure have wide feet. They probably would have been too wide and not as good looking on if I didn't.
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Anonymous - customer
- from Lawrence, KS
- February 23, 2012
I bought these Birkenstocks for my husband's birthday. He had expressed a desire for a new pair, since his old Birkenstocks were already pretty worn. Believe me, these sandals can last a lifetime and is a very wise investments, especially if you are concerned about comfort and stability. We are pleased customers of Zappos. Zappos are a great company to do business with! CLNS Port St. Lucie, Fl.
I'd also recommend: Easy Spirit/Naturalizers
- Connie L - customer
- from Fall River, Mass.
- February 7, 2012
Wow!!! These shoes are awesome. These shoes are super comfortable and they 're really cute!!! They are cushioned and they are a dream to wear. This is my first pair of Birkenstocks and I love them. They are pricey but well worth the money. You will love these shoes, I promise!!! I'm very, very happy with my purchase.
I'd also recommend: Noat, Ariat,
- ROSIE - customer
- from Coarsgold, Ca.
- August 15, 2011
This is my first pair. I have had the for about a month and a half. I am very please with them. I have suffered from plantar fasciitis for about three years. I had custom orthodics made. I wish I would have tried these first to get my feet straightened out. I have spent a small fortune on shoes and inserts looking for relief. The Birkenstocks give great support and are very comfortable. I have since purchased another pair. Those are not the soft footbed. I really like those too, but I do prefer the soft footbed. Birkenstocks Rock!
- Anonymous - customer
- from Wisconsin
- August 12, 2011