- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- You'll have stars in your eyes when you try on the Gizeh Oiled Leather sandal from Birkenstock®.
- Genuine leather upper in a classic thong silhouette with star hardware detail and an adjustable buckle for the perfect fit.
- Anatomically correct cork/latex footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Made in Germany.
- Weight: 6 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 37 (US Women's 6-6.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Gizeh Oiled Leather by Birkenstock. Sorry!
Interested in new Birkenstock products?
Birkenstock is based on the simple principles of health and wellness, quality workmanship and materials, and a respect for the environment. Did you know that Birkenstock created the original contoured footbed that supports and shapes to your foot when walking? And it's made of 100% natural and renewable cork. You can feel good that you are supporting your feet and the environment at the same time. You could call it sustainable comfort.
Birkenstock footwear is designed and sized to provide a roomy fit allowing your toes and feet to wiggle and be free. This sometimes takes a bit of getting used to. Also, most Birkenstock styles come in two widths: narrow and regular, so you can really find the best possible fit for your feet. For the most natural fit, your feet should rest comfortably inside the footbed and there should be about ¼” between your toes and the end of the footbed.
No other part of your body is subject to as much stress and strain as your feet and that is why it is so important to take care of them. With features like a contoured cork footbed, a deep heel cup, and a roomy toe box, Birkenstock clogs and sandals provide more than simply cushioning. Birkenstock footwear provides the perfect balance of firm support and shock resistance allowing your feet and body to be naturally supported.
9% Full size too large
12% Half size too Large
77% True to size
1% Half size too small
1% Full size too small
92% Felt true to width
1% Felt narrower than marked
6% Felt wider than marked
80% Excellent arch support
20% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Birkenstock Gizeh Oiled Leather
Average rating is 5 out of 5 from a total of 152 reviews.
Top Positive Review
3 people found this review helpful.
I have been wanting a pair of these since last summer. These shoes are beautiful and comfortable and I cannot wait for the warm weather so I can wear them. Also, they are on sale for just slightly more than the birki-vinyl material!?! That deal cannot be beat! These do run a full size too big.Read more » « Show less February 29, 2012 by Anne F
Top Critical Review
1 person found this review helpful.
I'm so disappointed with the poor comfort level of these shoes! I only purchased them because Zappos stopped carrying the Mephisto Hale in any nubuck models. What a mistake for my feet are these Birkenstock Gizeh sandals! There is zero cushioning and the are super hard and I hate and I mean by that my feet, ankles, knees, legs and back HATE the low heel cup. What was I thinking? The only semi-comfortable Birkenstocks I've enjoyed are the Bostons with the soft footbed and the narrow sizing for women's feet (regular width just swims on my feet in the unisex sizing.) For my comfort I can't say enough how much Mephistos get my vote. I could wear Mephistos for the 14 hour days I sometimes work and feel great. I have bunions and knee and lower back trouble and Mephistos are the most comfortable shoe for me ever! I wanted a simple thong like the Hale and I ought not to have purchased these Birkenstocks just for the similar look. No comparison in comfort. Stiff and the toe piece cuts like a dagger between my toes. I also find the dansko sandals very well cushioned for a clog type of sandal. Forget these if comfort is what you're after. So what if they look ok if you're in pain! Will never buy this shoe again!Read more » « Show less May 27, 2012 by MMBE
I have been wanting a pair of these since last summer. These shoes are beautiful and comfortable and I cannot wait for the warm weather so I can wear them. Also, they are on sale for just slightly more than the birki-vinyl material!?! That deal cannot be beat! These do run a full size too big.
Felt a full size larger than marked
Felt true to width
- Anne F - customer
- from Durham, New Hampshire
- February 29, 2012
My first Birkenstock sandal and what an amazing shoe this is! I was definitely missing out all these years. And with my super sensitive feet I was prepared to suffer for a few days while I break them in. But they were so comfortable on the very first wear. My feet feel amazing in them.
- Katya A - customer
- from Alanya, Turkey
- September 26, 2011
I ordered two pairs in different colors and kept this one as the dark oiled leather looked great with the dark sole. The sandal fits as expected, I have not owned a pair of Birkenstocks in 15 years or more but they really are built to the same standards. I only wish they came in half sizes since I am in-between a 40 and a 41. This is not a big deal, though. The only downside to this sandal is the blisters I got in between my big toe and second toe where they rubbed up against the thong during a long walk. Just needed a few days break to heal up and am now good to go. I am so glad to have a good looking, comfortable sandal for the summer.
- K P - customer
- from North Shore, MA
- July 15, 2011
I'm super excited. Received my Gizeh's today! They fit like a glove and are very lightweight. I have wide feet and they aren't an issue. The arch support is great. The best part is Zappos service! I ordered Saturday night and received them Monday! Plus it was free! I am very pleased!
- Deonna - customer
- from Ohio
- March 5, 2012
These offer the best support while also looking fashionable and not too utilitarian. I see them on other ladies all the time. They match so many different looks!
- Anonymous - customer
- from New York
- February 24, 2012