- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- The Birkenstock® 'Gizeh' is perfect for warm days and evenings.
- Easy care Birko-Flor™ upper in a classic thong silhouette with an adjustable buckle for the perfect fit.
- Upper is made of acrylic and polyamide felt fibers with a leather-like texture on top and a soft fabric underneath against the skin.
- Anatomically correct cork/latex footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Made in Germany.
- Weight: 7 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 40 (US Women's 9-9.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Gizeh Birko-Flor™ by Birkenstock. Sorry!
Interested in new Birkenstock products?
Birkenstock is based on the simple principles of health and wellness, quality workmanship and materials, and a respect for the environment. Did you know that Birkenstock created the original contoured footbed that supports and shapes to your foot when walking? And it's made of 100% natural and renewable cork. You can feel good that you are supporting your feet and the environment at the same time. You could call it sustainable comfort.
Birkenstock footwear is designed and sized to provide a roomy fit allowing your toes and feet to wiggle and be free. This sometimes takes a bit of getting used to. Also, most Birkenstock styles come in two widths: narrow and regular, so you can really find the best possible fit for your feet. For the most natural fit, your feet should rest comfortably inside the footbed and there should be about ¼” between your toes and the end of the footbed.
No other part of your body is subject to as much stress and strain as your feet and that is why it is so important to take care of them. With features like a contoured cork footbed, a deep heel cup, and a roomy toe box, Birkenstock clogs and sandals provide more than simply cushioning. Birkenstock footwear provides the perfect balance of firm support and shock resistance allowing your feet and body to be naturally supported.
13% Full size too large
13% Half size too Large
70% True to size
3% Half size too small
1% Full size too small
92% Felt true to width
3% Felt narrower than marked
5% Felt wider than marked
78% Excellent arch support
22% Moderate arch support
1% No arch support
Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor™
Average rating is 5 out of 5 from a total of 694 reviews.
Top Positive Review
10 people found this review helpful.
Why the plastic thong? I like the birkenstock footbed, but found the hard plastic "thong" uncomfortable. Mephisto uses leather, not hard plastic, I can't understand why the birks folks don't do the same.Read more » « Show less April 20, 2005 by Anonymous
Why the plastic thong? I like the birkenstock footbed, but found the hard plastic "thong" uncomfortable. Mephisto uses leather, not hard plastic, I can't understand why the birks folks don't do the same.
I'd also recommend: wash dc
- Anonymous - customer
- April 20, 2005
These shoes are by far the best sandals you can get for your feet! I have worn Birkenstocks since high school, so 15 years now, and I worked for a Birkenstock store for a year. Often, customers would come in requesting that I fit them in their first pair of Birkenstocks, at the order of their podiatrist. These are orthopedic so they support your feet in the proper way and these are the shoes that most every podiatrist agrees people should wear. For those of you getting a pair of Birkenstocks for the first time, there are a few things to be aware of. Sizing is little different since you are in a European size. I am a solid 8 in US sizing, but when I wear the Arizona style Birkenstock I have to get a size 38 (European 7) and when wearing the Gizeh with the toe piece I size up one size in order for it to fit properly, so I wear a 39 in the Gizeh. Also, it does take time to adjust to the toe piece but it should not be painful as some reviews have mentioned. If you are in the correct size, this should not bother you that much, especially if you are used to flip-flops. Another thing to note is that there are three different footbeds to choose from. Papillio Sandals have the smallest amount of arch support, Birkenstocks have medium arch support and Tatamis have the highest arch support, so one footbed might work better for you than another. I can wear the Papillio and the Birkenstock, where as Tatami is slightly too high for me, but people with an extremely high arch love Tatamis. After some time the footbed actually forms and molds to your foot. This is a very cool process because it goes from a completely flat shoe that anyone can wear to one that over time only you can wear because it takes on the shape of your individual foot and another person would not be comfortable in it. And lastly, in order to keep the cork shiny, looking new and protected, you can get cork life from the Birkenstock website. You would use this every few months depending on how often you wear your sandals. Just as any Birkenstocks last forever! But, if you ever need your sandals repaired, a Birkenstock store in your area may have trained staff who can replace any part of the sandal, including the footbed, toepiece, sole, and leather lining. So I do hope this helps any of you new to Birkenstock on sizing and keeping your Birkenstocks nice and new looking for years to come! The one and only complaint I have for the Gizeh is that I wish it could be worn in winter, but unfortunately, in Indiana that just is not possible!
- Kendra R - customer
- from Indiana
- May 22, 2012
Best sandals ever! Comfortable for all day walking. The titanium has a a little hint of green color. I was surprised since I was looking for something neutral.
- Anonymous - customer
- from EP TX
- March 18, 2012
Zappos, why are you so stinkin' awesome?! Love next day shipping. These are just as supportive and comfortable as you would expect, and more stylish than most Birks.
Felt a full size larger than marked
Felt true to width
- Anonymous - customer
- March 14, 2012
My sister has these shoes, and when I visited her I borrowed them. I liked them so much that I went and bought a pair for myself when I got home. One word of caution: the shoes were uncomfortable at first, probably because when I wore my sisters, she had broken them in. These shoes hurt my arches for at least the first 4-5 times I wore them. However, that's gone away. So don't be scared away if they hurt at first. They will get comfy. I also like that they look so much nicer than flip-flops (in my opinion anyway). I feel like I can wear these to work with some casual pants and still look put together.
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Amy H - customer
- from Austin, TX
- April 16, 2012