- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- The Birkenstock® Florida Soft Footbed is a fabulous triple-strap sandal that offers security and style.
- Crafted in genuine Birko-Flor™ upper with fully adjustable buckles for the perfect fit.
- Anatomically correct cork/latex footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, foam padded, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs - under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Made in Germany.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Florida Soft Footbed - Birko-Flor™ by Birkenstock. Sorry!
Interested in new Birkenstock products?
Birkenstock is based on the simple principles of health and wellness, quality workmanship and materials, and a respect for the environment. Did you know that Birkenstock created the original contoured footbed that supports and shapes to your foot when walking? And it's made of 100% natural and renewable cork. You can feel good that you are supporting your feet and the environment at the same time. You could call it sustainable comfort.
Birkenstock footwear is designed and sized to provide a roomy fit allowing your toes and feet to wiggle and be free. This sometimes takes a bit of getting used to. Also, most Birkenstock styles come in two widths: narrow and regular, so you can really find the best possible fit for your feet. For the most natural fit, your feet should rest comfortably inside the footbed and there should be about ¼” between your toes and the end of the footbed.
No other part of your body is subject to as much stress and strain as your feet and that is why it is so important to take care of them. With features like a contoured cork footbed, a deep heel cup, and a roomy toe box, Birkenstock clogs and sandals provide more than simply cushioning. Birkenstock footwear provides the perfect balance of firm support and shock resistance allowing your feet and body to be naturally supported.
0% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
100% True to size
0% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
100% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
80% Excellent arch support
10% Moderate arch support
10% No arch support
Birkenstock Florida Soft Footbed - Birko-Flor™
I can't stress enough how much I love these shoes. They are much more like the "older" Birkenstocks in terms of comfort. Remember when they had the nice, soft cork footbed that over time would conform to your foot as you walked around and it warmed up? They were amazing. Then Papillio and the other "Birki" brands started coming out as the company expanded its line -- to the detriment of quality and comfort, I felt. Finally, about 5 years ago, I got new Birkenstock Floridas with the standard footbed the company had begun to use at that time. I spent a year trying to break those rock-hard sandals in...barefoot...with socks...without success. Nothing worked. I finally gave them away and had my older, more comfortable Birks re-soled instead. As a last ditch effort, two years ago I bought the Florida style soft footbed Birkenstock in a beautiful purple suede. If possible, the Florida was even more comfortable than the classic Birkenstock Arizonas I first fell in love with years ago. About the Floridas: the soft and supportive memory foam footbed feels great on my foot, even better with the Floridas three straps to go across the whole foot and keep the shoe in place when I walk. I find that with this style I don't have to grip the footbed with my toes to keep the shoe on, even if I'm hustling along or chasing after kids or dogs. For people who have and love their memory foam or Tempur-pedic mattresses, this is the equivalent for your feet. I don't know why more shoe companies don't use it. I now have four pair of the Birkenstock Soft Footbed sandals, three of them in the Florida style in a variety of colors. I live in the high desert and wear them as slippers in the summer, so they are basically on my feet 24/7 for months out of the year. In terms of special needs for my shoes: I have osteo-arthritis and have been through multiple knee surgeries. The fit and comfort of my shoes is critical, or I will end up limping with knee pain. These are perfection, and quite simply, some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on my feet. Note: I don't know why, but most foot surgeons and podiatrists bad mouth Birkenstocks so much, because everyone I know loves them. Maybe because people don't need $500 orthotics when they wear them? They won't win any fashion contests (though I feel the Florida style with it's bright colors is better than the older model Birks) but if comfort is your goal, these are a great choice. Even if you've tried regular or older-model Birkenstocks, the soft footbed on these sets them apart from the rest of the shoe line.
- Sierra S - customer
- from Nevada
- May 17, 2012
I absolutely love these shoes! Right out of the box, these shoes felt so right. They are very comfortable with the soft footbed. I hope to be back for more.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Springfield, Missouri
- May 30, 2012
Loved the shoe! Comfy and nice looking, I wanted something a little more feminine, in a Birkenstock. I liked buying from Zappos. Quick and easy. Thanks.
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
No arch support
- K. P - customer
- from SLC, UT
- May 21, 2012
Great product and service. Couldn't get my size at Birkenstock.com, so I tried Zappos. I'll be back.
- Anonymous - customer
- from United States
- May 18, 2012
I have worn Birkenstocks for years and these are wonderful. I love the three straps because it makes the look a bit more feminine. Comfortable as you expect and required no breaking in period. Zappos customer service on these was outstanding!
- Linda P - customer
- from Canton NY
- March 1, 2013