- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Updating a legendary style, ASICS® returns with their 18th version of the GEL-Kayano®. They've pared down the weight while maintaining the classic ride, comfort and reliable stability to deliver the unsurpassed performance you've come to expect.
- Update to the GEL-Kayano 17, SKU# 7708788.
- A running shoe built for the moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability.
- Breathable mesh upper.
- Supportive synthetic leather overlays.
- Biomorphic Fit® is created with a stretch material that is strategically placed throughout the upper to reduce buckling and provide an exceptional fit and feel.
- Heel Clutching System™ is made up of an exoskeletal heel counter that promotes an improved fit and increased support.
- Padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- PHF® (Personalized Heel Fit) creates a custom fit as the two layers of memory foam that line the collar mold to your heel.
- ComforDry™ sockliner offers anti-microbial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
- Dynamic DuoMax® System increases stability and support with reduced weight and enhanced platform comfort.
- Solyte® midsole is lighter that standard EVA and SpEVA® designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- Rearfoot & forefoot Gel® cushioning systems work together to better attenuate impacting shock and allow the foot to move fluidly throughout the gait cycle.
- Space Trusstic System™ mid-foot stabilizer creates a pocket between the Trusstic System unit and the midsole, promoting more controlled midsole deformation, as well as more efficient foot function.
- Guidance Line® technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- DuraSponge® forefoot outsole material is comprised of a blown AHAR® rubber for superior cushioning and long-lasting wear.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the GEL-Kayano® 18 by ASICS. Sorry!
Interested in new ASICS products?
ASICS shoes, apparel and bags are produced in a wide assortment to meet the needs of men, women and kids. ASICS has produced products filled with technological designs and features such as the revolutionary ASICS® GEL® Cushioning System. The ASICS® GEL-NIMBUS® and ASICS® GEL-KAYANO® running shoes have benefited from such innovation and have enhanced the running experience for so many ASICS mens and ASICS womens aficionados. So on any given day, a runner can get fitted from head to toe with ASICS running clothes and ASICS running shoes. A feat Kihachiro Onitsuka would be very proud of to this day.
Running is one focus for this brand as ASICS produces products for training, volleyball, wrestling, track & field, cheerleading and field sports. ASICS kids shoes and ASICS kids clothing are made for the younger athletic market. Rounding out the brand’s product offering are ASICS bags to help meet the demands of your sporting desires.
To date, ASICS continues to put forth quality tested products designed to stand the rigors of elite and amateur athletes alike. Willing to try something new, and always staying ahead of the curve is how ASICS manages to stay true to it's namesake.
1% Full size too large
2% Half size too Large
90% True to size
5% Half size too small
1% Full size too small
92% Felt true to width
8% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
63% Excellent arch support
35% Moderate arch support
2% No arch support
ASICS GEL-Kayano® 18
I really love these shoes, but they are definitely not for every one. Previously I was running (about 20-25 miles a week) in the GT 2170 which are great, support oriented shoes but are a little wider in the toe box than past Asics shoes, and the colors are pretty boring. However they have great cushioning and super solid support. I decided to pony up top dollar and try the Kayano, more out of vanity than anything else (the black/yellow looks awesome). The first time I ran in them I immediately noticed a couple of big differences. They are much narrower in the forefoot, so much so that unless you have slightly narrow feet like mine they may be too tight. Luckily for me they fit perfectly. I also think they have a lot less support than typical support oriented shoes, especially one like the GT 2170. In truth they feel much more like a neutral shoe with just a touch of support. Again, this works for me (I am not a big guy), but if you need a lot of support I doubt that you will be happy with these shoes. Like the GT they have terrific cushioning, which is really nice for long runs. But it feels a little lighter and sleeker which means that it can handle faster paces without feeling clunky. So, as I mentioned before, I really love these shoes. In fact the second time I wore them I ran a half marathon and set a personal best. So overall these are great shoes for runners with average to narrow feet who need a well-cushioned, long distance trainer with just a touch of support. If you have wider feet or need more support I think you will be happier with the GT 2170.
I'd also recommend: ASICS GT 2170
Felt true to size
Felt narrower than marked
- Scott - customer
- from Kauai
- September 9, 2012
This is an excellent running shoe. It's not extremely light but the cushioning is excellent. Asics makes some ugly shoes in my opinion, but they perform well. It seems like the more expensive the shoe, the more ridiculous they look. The grey/silver version of this shoe looks like it came out of a cheap alien movie. I had to go with black as the least offensive looking of the bunch.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Atlanta, GA
- May 10, 2012
Absolutely great shoe! I previously had a pair of Kayano's a few years ago. I tried a couple different brands the past couple of years but they never were quite the same. I run every other day about 3 miles and I was having issues with my heel. I decided to go back and try the Kayano again and I am glad I did.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Bellingham, MA
- February 20, 2012
Had this orig shoe with many triathlons, gym workouts, an amazing do everything shoe still working after 5 years!
I'd also recommend: new balance
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Excellent arch support
- Kerry M - customer
- from Leesburg, FL
- March 20, 2012
These are the best trainers I've ever owned. I had the Kayano 16 and they lasted about 2 years, and the Kayano 18 was the next pair I bought. High quality materials, very comfortable, good traction and well cushioned around the ankles. I also wear a weird size (13.5) and ASICS is one of the only brands out there that makes them. They fit like a glove and perform very well at the gym, running the track, and cross training. Also very stylish. This is honestly the only trainer I wear anymore.
- Andrew S - customer
- from Los Angeles, CA
- April 12, 2012