- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Experience a ride like never before by stepping into the responsive GEL-Excel33™ 2 from ASICS®!
- Successor to the GEL-Excel33, SKU# 7881861.
- A neutral running shoe that is designed to enhance the foot's natural motion.
- Breathable mesh upper with lightweight synthetic overlays.
- Heel Clutching System™ is made up of an exoskeletal heel counter that promotes an improved fit and increased support.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
- PHF® (Personalized Heel Fit) creates a custom fit as the two layers of memory foam that line the collar mold to your heel.
- ComforDry™ sockliner offers antimicrobial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
- Solyte® midsole is lighter than standard EVA and SpEVA® designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- Rearfoot Gel® cushioning system attenuates impacting shock and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Midsole Height:
- Propulsion Trusstic® mimics connective tissues in the foot by creating tension as the foot enters the propulsion phase.
- Guidance Line® technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- FluidAxis™ features deep, anatomically correct flex grooves that align with the 33 joints of the foot. It is designed to recognize, adapt and respond to a runner's load and positional change from impact to toe-off.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
- Weight: 9 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 8, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the GEL-Excel33™ 2 by ASICS. Sorry!
Interested in new ASICS products?
ASICS shoes, apparel and bags are produced in a wide assortment to meet the needs of men, women and kids. ASICS has produced products filled with technological designs and features such as the revolutionary ASICS® GEL® Cushioning System. The ASICS® GEL-NIMBUS® and ASICS® GEL-KAYANO® running shoes have benefited from such innovation and have enhanced the running experience for so many ASICS mens and ASICS womens aficionados. So on any given day, a runner can get fitted from head to toe with ASICS running clothes and ASICS running shoes. A feat Kihachiro Onitsuka would be very proud of to this day.
Running is one focus for this brand as ASICS produces products for training, volleyball, wrestling, track & field, cheerleading and field sports. ASICS kids shoes and ASICS kids clothing are made for the younger athletic market. Rounding out the brand’s product offering are ASICS bags to help meet the demands of your sporting desires.
To date, ASICS continues to put forth quality tested products designed to stand the rigors of elite and amateur athletes alike. Willing to try something new, and always staying ahead of the curve is how ASICS manages to stay true to it's namesake.
ASICS GEL-Excel33™ 2
Okay so I have always been a HUGE Nike supporter and as a result, never even considered wearing another brand. Then Nike failed to adhere to such a simple value: they attempted to fix what wasn't broken! So away went the awesomeness of the Airmax and I was left with a shoe-shaped hole in my athletic heart. What was a girl to do? I tried what felt like hundreds of styles and found nothing. After months of looking, a very smart and well-chosen friend told me to try Asics. I had never really liked the look of their shoes but started to think more functionally about the whole situation and decided to try these out. WHOA! Am I walking in clouds? Yes. Gel ones. That give big hugs. These shoes make working out not suck. I began to wonder where they had been all my life...or at least during my 3-month hunt for the perfect shoe. These shoes are lightweight (not as light as some but way better than most) and really feel like they were made just for my well-manicured feet (gel is so awesome)! Plus they don't have any annoying pokey bits or bad hard lines in the shoe design which really, really, really hurt your feet (ah hem nike free run 3 - please fix that, thanks). I'm not advocating any other asics yet bc the others I tried on were nothing like these happy shoes (Kinsei, blur). But seriously, these are worth a shot and well worth the price. If you are on your hunt, buy them. What's the worst that can happen? You have to return them...for free. Hm, sounds like an easy choice here. Be awesome and thank me later...now if only they would make this shoe in every color! Hint hint?
- Jessica - customer
- from Windermere Florida
- March 29, 2013